Southern Charm - still editing

Southern Charm

Everyone who knows me knows I loooveeee all things Bravo and Southern Charm!! Huggies being the amazing husband he is, bought the plane tickets and booked our Airbnb all by himself. He knew this would be a perfect destination as part of our honey year! 

For Thanksgiving my parents traveled to Asia and we celebrated Eric's side early. So we were able to travel somewhere during the holidays and Charleston was the perfect place to travel to! It is such a lively town. People were out and about every night on King Street! I tell everyone to always book their dinner RSVP in advance bc this town loves to EAT!

Night life: 
  • We were out on Kings Street every night which is basically like a classier 6th street with restaurants and bars/lounges.

Below are some of the restaurants we went during our stay and items that we devoured (from what I could remember). This was all in four days.
  • Poogan's Porch- chicken and waffles/ fried chicken sandwich and yummy drinks 
  • Peninsula Grill- octopus, lobster 3way, 3duck, heard the cake is a hit here 
  • The Darling Oyster Bar- oysters
  • O-Ku- drinks and sushi/sashimi as a snack before Halls Chophouse 
  • Halls Chophouse- dry aged ribeye, veal shop, she crab soup, lobster mac, creamed corn, and bread pudding 
  • Callie Hot Little Biscuit- bacon egg and cheese biscuit - not worth the wait 
  • 167 Raw- lobster roll, oysters, scallop poboy, and drinks 
  • Queology- pulled pole SA which and BBQ wings, just stopped here to watch sports real quick. Not worth an actual stop
  • Husk- fried chicken and chicken fried steak
  • Beards Coffee
  • Hominy grill- shrimp and grits and salmon cakes
  • Boxcar Betty-  chicken sandwich with bacon jam and fried pickles
  • 5 church- drinks 
Box Car Betty
  • The chicken sandwich was good. I knew it was far and we didn't have a car. So I situated it for the last day so we could uber there with our suitcase and uber to the airport. Worked out perfectly. Not sure if it's worth to go if you don't have a car. Oh I was watching reruns of Southern Charm and this is where Cameron eats (with her mouth open) with Shep.
Uber
  • Downtown Charleston is quite small and most rides were less than $10 via uber
  • We didn't rent a car but it would be useful if you wanted to go to the beach or plantations 
  • I was tired of walking and it was chilly so I ordered an Uber to just drive me around to look at pretty homes. Bravo gods were watching over me bc my uber driver ended up knowing exactly where Thomas Ravenal lived and even partied with the man himself and Shep! The driver was also a real estate agent and showed me his listings and history behind the beautiful homes!
Beach
  • We didn't check out any beaches only bc we've been to quite a few beaches just months prior (Belize, Tulum, Anguilla, Costa Rica, and St. Marteen) 
  • But if you are wanting to relax I heard it's still nice! 

Shopping
  • Walk along King street and don't forget to veer off on the side streets to check out smaller boutiques 
  • Also look up! There's also stores on the second level
  • There was a nice resale shop for bridal gowns! 
  • So many art galleries for my artistic friends 

Walking tour
  • We did a walking tour, strolled along rainbow row, and learned about the history of Charleston
  • It was interesting to learn that many homes in the area were second homes, I didn't realize it was a popular destination to have as a vacay spot 
  • The area floods a lot bc it was below sea level. At least these residents can afford flood insurance!
  • There are strict rules regarding demo/renovation so you must have major dough to get around these obstacles 
Random tips:
  • Eric and I broke off later doing our own thing. If you have a chance, stroll down the alley ways bc there are beautiful and historic homes with plaques that give you the history of the home.
  • RSVP for dinner, it is a foodie town 
  • Keep your eyes out for Southern Charm cast (I sure did) - they love hanging out at Halls Chophouse (I missed them by a day) and random bars on King Street
  • Check out some free walking tours - just have to tip at the end 
  • Charleston City Market is not really worth the stop if you don't have time. It's just a bunch of random vendors selling from baskets, food, to shoes
  • We didn't do a carriage tour but it looked like it would be fun! 

I hope this was helpful! Let me know if it was :) or if you have any questions ask away! 

All pictures from IPhone (I didn't take much photos on this trip Bc I just wanted to enjoy eating and being with my new husband)








































This is the Gentry office - where Craig worked lol



The Calhoun residence! Kathryn's ancestors home. 








I found out that the cast parties here 😍

Comments

Popular Posts