Wedding Accessories


For the wedding accessories, I tried to stay practical. My aunt wanted to gift me a diamond necklace which I thought was too generous. And I think each purchase (besides the veil) was no more than $300 dollars including shoes!

The veil will have its own post :)



The shoe bag was a bacherolette gift from my bridesmaid and I absolutely loveeeee it. I use it for all my vacations.

The silver bag which looks more beautiful in real life was from a dear from for my bridal shower. She knew exactly what I needed on my wedding day. Love her

Where to buy: BHLDN.


People were telling me to go all out and purchase Jimmy Choos or other designer heels. However, I knew that it was not practical for me. When will I really wear them again? For me, I love variety and couldn't bear the thought of spending $1,000 on shoes I may only wear three times.

I may sound a little crazy but I actually bought these Schultz shoes at least 3 years ago knowing that it would be perfect for my future wedding. It was neutral, had bling, and a unique design that would probably go with any outfit I would have chosen.

Thank goodness I bought them because when the wedding became closer...I didn't like anyyyy shoes.

And btw, these were my shoes when I wore my second outfit. For my actual wedding dress I bought high heel platforms for only $100 at Nordstrom. Comfort is key during pictures, wedding ceremony, and dance. I don't think anyone actually asked me "Can I see your shoes??" I do not regret this at all and totally recommend it to all brides. Splurge or buy cute shoes if your dress allows your feet to be shown. If not, go comfortable. You will thank me later.










Shoes: Schultz from Anthropologie. In real life it was more blush than nude.


The getting ready outfit....I didn't really care about this portion. It is all the rage for the wedding party to dress the same. To me, I rather gift my party something that they would actually use and honestly we all rather just be comfortable.

Elegance was on my mind so I wore my forest green satin nighty. It turned out eleant and classy. Plus it was super comfortable and easy to slip off without ruining my hair and makeup.

I think my mom bought this in Vietnam so sorry :(



For the wedding ceremony I wore pearl earrings that my mother in law gave me for the tea ceremony. I knew this would mean a lot for her that I would wear them especially for the wedding. To me, being too blinged out for the ceremony loses the romance that I was trying to emit.



I wanted Eric to stand out in a subtle way so I researched and found this plum velvet bow tie and pocket square all the way from England.



Comments

Popular Posts