Sunset

The owner of the home in St. John said we should watch the sunset at the place for a beautiful experience...so we made sure to leave the beach in time to watch the sun set over St. Thomas.

We were a tad bit early...It amuses me (many things amuse me) that I get impatient on watching the sunset. As the sun slowly moves down....it then projects itself downwards so quickly that when I blink it is right above the horizon. Savor every minute, because things will go by rather quickly than you would expect.




Duo backless dress
Zara magenta heels



Another sunset sighting while walking to dinner

HM dress
Sam Edelman for American Eagle sandals

When I stepped out ready to go for dinner, instead of the usually oh you look pretty from the boyfriend, he complemented me by telling me that I look like a flower. Such a sweet and rare observation from the bf.

Back to the topic of sunsets...Sometimes I just need to stop and enjoy life... the sun sets everyday, and why is it that I have to wait for a vacation to finally enjoy the beautiful sight? Hmm..

Wait...isn't it harmful to stare at the sun?




excuse my hair...it was still damp in this picture

Comments

  1. Such a good point. Stopping to look at a sunset should be part of our every day more often. I don't do it enough either. I love your orange dress- what a fun back on it!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dresses - perfect for summer

    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm so jealous you're in St. John and got to watch the sunset in St. Thomas. We recently went on a cruise to St. Thomas and I just love it. We were going to do a day tour in St. John but the travel was just too long so we skipped it and stayed in St. Thomas which was beautiful, I hear St. John, Trunk bay is even more beautiful and can't wait to go back. Anyway if you are a lobster person, there is a place in St. Thomas called Cuzzins. Definitely a place to check out!

    Btw - I got totally side tracked, I love your orange dress with the pink heels! It's beautiful on you! xo

    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, well don't stare at the sun too long! ;)
    Very good analogy too btw. How true it is. Moments will speed by far too fast, so every minute should be valued.
    Gorgeous dresses you're wearing here! Haha, he made an excellent observation. You look like a tropical flower!
    Those pink shoes are just so pretty ♥

    Enter to win a $40 gift voucher to Ministry of Retail!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. the orange dress is stunning! love the bell sleeves and open back

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful post! and your boyfriend had right :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it is but I stare away anyway!

    Love the two dresses, perfect for island hopping! You're beautiful!


    oxo,

    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sunsets too!
    And I really love these two dresses

    See you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such great dresses! i especially love the back of the orange dress - it's very unique!

    latrDAYS
    - katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the orange dress with those fuchsia heels - SO pretty! I bet those sunsets were amazing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your dresses are beautiful! I love the color of the orange one. But I love the movement of the tiered dress..

    http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. your pink + orange ensemble is gorgeous on you my dear! And I love that sweet comment from your boyfriend... boys always have the most interesting perspectives on fashion :)
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your orange dress, so hot and bright <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing pictures,I am dreaming my vacation too:)
    I wonder if you would like to follow each other:)

    http://www.glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind and wonderful words!

***Follow me on Bloglovin :)***

Popular Posts