Ombre

Found this ombre top at Urban last summer knowing that this would be perfect for a cover up for a beach destination that was yet unplanned. I love how the blue complements the brightness of my neon yellow shorts.

The pics are from Day 1 of 8 in the Virgin Islands. We spent the day hanging out with new friends we met that day at the pool. My new favorite drink is the Bushwacker! YUM!

I will be adding more tidbits about the Virgin islands In my next posts! Let me know if you have any questions!



Ombre nails on ombre top

Knowing that I would be surrounded by sand and ocean, shellac nails is the way to go to withstand the predictable chipping of the nails that a beach vacation would cause. Thank goodness for this technique...totally worth the price.
The view from our hotel 

Urban Outfitters ombre shirt
Forever 21 neon yellow shorts 
Vintage belt
Sam Edelman for American Eagle sandals
Forever 21 sunnies rings and beaded bracelet



Random tid bits that may be helpful: Staying in the Charolette Amelia area vs. Red Hook

We stayed in St. Thomas for a total of 5 nights (2 nights in St. John), separating our stay in two different locations to get the grasp of the island. One was minutes away from Charlotte Amelia on a hill top and the other in Red Hook. For those who are trying to determine which area to stay, I would recommend Red Hook. It is definitely an area where I feel safer to walk around in at night and you can easily bar hop if you wish. Red Hook is closer to the nicer beaches such as Lindquist, Sapphire, and Secret Harbour. Red Hook has a ferry that allows you to travel quicker to St. John and more frequent (every hour) rather than in Charlotte Amelia which only has the ferry to St. John with 3 departure times. Magen's beach (considered one of the top 10 beaches in the world) would be closer for the Charlotte Amelia side. It is a beautiful beach but may get very busy due to cruise ships. Therefore, I recommended Magen's beach when there are no more than 1 cruise ship docked for the day.


Comments

  1. Ah man, so jealous right now >_< Haha, this dream vacation looks perfect!
    Great photos to capture it too. Your ombre top goes perfectly with the bright shorts. :)

    Enter to win a Crash and Burn dress!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur shorts are looking very cool, and u rock the ombre trend elegantly! seems so had a great time too!Thank u for ur sweet comment on my blog! if u want we can follow each other! Let me know!
    Keep Smiling:D
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your neon shorts- so sunny and fun! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow shorts! Perfect for summer!!

    XX

    www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place looks absolutely beautiful, you must've had an amazing time.
    I love this look, the darker blue and neon compliment each other so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shorts! <3 And that place is gorgeous!


    Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blue top with neon shorts. Such a fun look! My friend just got married in St. Thomas. It looks amazing!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cat is adorable :) I can't get over him sneaking in your picture like that!

    xx
    daniellewu.com
    enter my giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This top goes perfectly with those yellow shorts, love it!
    And the place where you took these pictures looks so beautiful, I'm so jealous

    See you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top is gorgeous and I love the matching ombre nails! The weather looks absolutely fabulous where you are too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your photos are beautiful! I need to be on vacation right now! By the way, love those neon shorts!

    Seize the Styles

    ReplyDelete
  12. the pictures are so pretty - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looovee these summery pics and outfit!! You look fresh and awesome ombre nails too!! ^_^

    Indira from cherietmoi

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing holiday outfit - so perfect! Love those bright shorts, and that sheer ombre top is gorgeous :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my god I'm going to the caribbean next week now I'm so excited these pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a nice summer look! looks like you had an amazing time!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photo's! Love the colours in this outfit, very vibrant and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great top! Love the neon colored short with it as well ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind and wonderful words!

***Follow me on Bloglovin :)***

Popular Posts